- 1.1 Scope of This Notice
- 1.2 Information We Collect
- 1.3 How We Use Information
- 1.4 How We Protect Information
- 1.5 Cookies
- 1.6 Sharing Information
- 1.7 Your Choices About Marketing Communications
- 1.8 How To Change Or Remove Information
- 1.9 Where Information Is Stored
- 1.10 Public Forums Reminder
- 1.11 Children’s Online Privacy
- 1.12 Links To Other Sites
- 1.13 How To Contact Us
Last updated: 6th May 2015
Scope of This Notice
Visionhall Information Systems Ltd. (“Visionahll“, “we“, “us” or “our“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement is intended to describe our privacy practices and provide information about the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this Statement, we will change the “last updated” date above. If there are material changes to this Statement, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to check this Statement whenever you use our web sites and services to understand how your personal information is used. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Visionhall Information Systems Ltd, Lancaster House, 11 Churchfield Road, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 2TY, England.
Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to Visionhall, including personal information. “Personal information” is data that reasonably can be used to identify or describe an individual. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide us by completing forms on our sites www.testimport.visionhall.com and any subdomains of testimport.visionhall.com (“our sites“). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or subscribing to our service including contact details such as name, email address and phone number.
- Information that you upload to, or share through, our site by using our services including profile information or any personal information in data that you upload.
- Information we may collect about your interaction with our software, mobile applications, and services, including IP address, repository ID, account activity and license information.
- Information that you provide us by completing surveys on our site or as carried out by our approved third parties.
- Information you provide to us when you contact us for customer or technical support.
- Information we receive from our third party partners during the registration process such as first name, surname and email address.
- Information we receive from third party search engines relating to your search activity.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Information provided with your consent at conventions, trade shows and expositions.
- Information you provide to us when you register for webcasts, request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers), and participate in promotions, contests or giveaways.
- Information you provide to us when you submit questions or comments to us.
We do not collect the following data about you: Information that you provide us when carrying out transactions through our site including payment details such as credit card information. These transactions are process through a secure 3rd party payment gateway.
How We Use Information
We use the personal information you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- analyze and filter messages for spam;
- register your products;
- answer your questions;
- register you in programs (per your request);
- send you information;
- send you surveys.
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, for internal business analysis, for targeted advertising, and to personalize communications.
How We Protect Information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers operated by us or our third party providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology. In addition, Visionhall and its business partners enter into confidentiality agreements which require that care and precautions be taken to prevent loss, misuse, or disclosure of your personal information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.organd www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. The cookies used on this website have been categorized based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide:
- Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Category 2: Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identify a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Category 3: Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
A list of the cookies used on Visionhall’s websites, including which category they fall under, is set out below.
|Cookie||Name||Purpose||More information||Visionhall websites where cookie is used||Cookie Category|
|Google Analytics||_utma _utmb _utmc _utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google:http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics||All Visionhall websites||Category 2: Performance|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. However, if you select this setting, this may adversely affect your user experience of our site. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Unless you assent, we will never share the personal information you provide to us except as described below. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing/credit card processing, to provide service, and for email housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this Privacy Statement).
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- For analysis and filtering of messages and content for spam.
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Your Choices About Marketing Communications
We may send you email about your account, about the products you have purchased, to remind you about a webcast for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions. We may also send you email with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not want to receive them. You may at anytime opt-out of receiving this information by clicking on the opt-out link in the footer of a marketing email you have received or by sending us an email at email@example.com. For your protection, we may contact you in the event that we find an issue with a product or service you have purchased that requires your immediate attention.
How To Change Or Remove Information
You may change or remove your profile information displayed through our site at any time by going to your profile and editing your information. However, if you want to change the personal information we hold about you in our systems, you will need email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it. When you deactivate an account, you will not be able to use our service and your information will not be capable of being viewed through our site. However, even after you deactivate your account, copies of your information including but not limited to name and email address may be retained by us as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
Where Information Is Stored
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, a member of our group, or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of CRM services, marketing campaigns, support and hosting services on our behalf. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Public Forums Reminder
This site often makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, we reserve the right to take necessary action to preserve the forum’s integrity, such as removing any posting that is vulgar or inappropriate.
Children’s Online Privacy
We do not knowingly accept online personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to become registered members of our sites, or buy products and services on our sites. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 13. In the event that we ever decide to expand our intended site audience to include children under the age of 13, those specific web pages will, in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), be clearly identified and provide an explicit privacy notice addressed to children under 13. In addition, we will provide an appropriate mechanism to obtain parental approval, allow parents to subsequently make changes to or request removal of their children’s personal information, and provide access to any other information as required by law.
Links To Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. We do not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from our sites. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those companies directly.
How To Contact Us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.